I remember a year and a half ago and more, I felt like this time would never be here. I would scroll through is Instagram feed so insanely excited but also jealous of all the people who got to live on the road. And every time I heard about other people who go to do this (friends or just people online) I would get annoyed ... and I think it’s because I never thought it would actually happen for us. I thought it sounded too far fetched. Selling our home and everything sounded too hard to do. Figuring out how to buy the truck and RV and getting my husband on board sounded crazy. And now we are here. A week and a half away. We are on the precipice of living full time on the road and I can’t. I don’t even know what this is or how we even deserve this amazing gift of life and adventure. In the last few days I sound like a broken record,”Look how God is blessing us. Look at all the things he has done!” I can’t even begin to imagine all the plans he has for us down the road but this right here and right now is so incredible and we are beyond thrilled to start this thing!!
1 02 minutes ago
Rule #1 of photography, never cut off your subject’s feet.
Or do, who cares.
Some white & green Maternity goodness for your feed tonight 🤤 🕊 🌿
1 143 minutes ago
Roasting marshmallows over lava from Pacaya Volcano.💕
2 173 minutes ago
La semana pasada estuve en el Rontastic Lab en la Casa del Ron en Antigua, definitivamente una experiencia increíble en la que descubrí que soy bueno preparando tragos con el mejor ron. 🤪🤤 #RontasticLab#MakeItRontastic
Take a boat to a remote beach. Strap 50 lbs of camping gear to your back. Hike 8 miles, and gain 3000 ft. Watch the sunset over Resurrection Bay. Try to wipe the smile off your face, and fail. Perfect fall day in the Alaskan Alpine.
Truth? My counters are only this clean when we have company (maybe... if they’re new and we haven’t just eaten) and when I’m taking photos. More truth? Renovating with kids underfoot is hard some days. Chatting how we squeeze in some time for it in my stories if you’re feeling stuck on projects and want to feel normal 🤪
How do you squeeze in time to get stuff done? Share all the tips! (Ps. “Get them involved” ain’t gonna help me these days with Calder in the picture. I swear, almost 2 is the craziest age)🙈
Today began when I woke up at 5am and it just ended at 9pm. We hiked Mt. Madison (the 5th highest mountain in New England) and it was honestly the hardest hike I’ve ever completed. However, it’s so rewarding to summit a peak like that (even if I’m unable to move my legs until further notice). P.S. you can see the road to Mt. Washington in the background 🏔 🏔 🏔
1 1212 minutes ago
Let’s break it down.
1. THE OUAI TEXTURE SPRAY. It’s like dry shampoo & hair spray had a baby. This product gives you that second day look! You know, when your hair is all fresh & too clean to do anything & then the second day it just looks so fucking amazing that you feel like a MILLION BUCKS! .It’s also such a versatile product. I use it right before I’m curling my hair for some extra body & hold.
2. OWAY NO RINSE MOIST CONDITIONER. This product is made with organic botanicals from 🇮🇹 which just makes me go 👯♀️👯♀️ (those are my dancing moves lol ) It’s super lightweight & helps detangle my long wet locks easily, all while hydrating my hair & locking in all the moisture & oils from my hair treatment.
3. THE OUAI HAIR OIL. It is extremely light weight, has a subtle sweet scent, and is another multipurpose product. I use it in combination w/ my leave in conditioner, aka “cocktailing” to help comb out my crazy knotty hair & when my hair is dry i apply it to my ends to help bring life back. I’m a big believer in using as little products as possible so having a multipurpose product is a total #gamechanger
4. BRIOGEO DRY SHAMPOO. This is my favorite dry shampoo thus far. The ingredients are amazing and it is not an aerosol! VERY IMPORTANT! I feel like aerosols are too difficult to spread around but this powder is super easy. It also doesn’t leave a filmy residue & it smells amazing! & I’m not just saying this, my husband can always tell when I use dry shampoo. He can literally smell it from downstairs! He hasn’t complained once since i changed over to Briogeo! 🤣🤣🤣
5. THE OUAI MELROSE PLACE. This is the newest edition to my hair routine & its no surprise to me how magical it smells. Yes I use a perfume in my hair! It’s so easy & makes your hair smelling like you walked out of the hair salon, especially when it’s much needed on those dirty hair days! 😉 Here are the ✌🏻 simple steps. Spray 2 pumps of your favorite scent onto your hair brush & brush your hair! #thatwaseasy
2 213 minutes ago
Morning feels good in this tropical place 🍃
Nusa Penida is the largest and most exotic of the three Nusa Islands, thanks to its collection of unique Hindu temples and picturesque natural features of cliff formations and lagoons. Lately, the island’s best known as the new sanctuary of the once endangered Bali Starling following a highly successful captive breeding program of the bird, which is originally an endemic species from the forested region of West Bali National Park.
Nusa Penida measures over 200 sq km – significantly larger than the popular Nusa Lembongan and its easily accessible sister island, Nusa Ceningan. Lesser-travelled by visitors compared to the other two, Nusa Penida also features a very limited number of hotels and tourist features. Nevertheless, what it lacks in infrastructure, it makes up for with its unspoiled natural beauty and rare cultural highlights.
📍Nusa Penida, Klungkung, Bali
Pict by : @tinihitakara
7 15317 minutes ago
“Whatever causes night in our souls may leave stars”. 📸 @kikepatino
Water is the softest thing. Yet, it easily penetrates mountains and earth, shaping everything it touches with time. I’d like to be like water. To leave my mark with patience and softness. Not force. These were some of the thoughts that were passing through my mind on this particular morning. What is it about being submerged in nature that makes us contemplate life and our place in this great big world? Whatever it is, I love it.
3 856 hours ago
Mama’s girl 💖 I’m going to enjoy it as long as I can because I know one day she will be daddy’s girl 🥺 #mycolettebebe#babygirl
Blake hated me this day. No, really. She screamed whenever I went near her for the last half of our session, and was fighting me hard in this photo (just look at her face- not having it!). But I tried my hardest to make her smile, to have fun, and turn the day around. Spoiler alert: it didn't work 😂 But tomorrow is a new day! THERE IS ALWAYS A NEW DAY! And cookies.... 100% gave her cookies to get her to like me.
My little sanctuary. I’ve had some difficult months recently and I’ve learned a lot during these times; one of them being that I’m so fucking grateful for books. I was in the ER one night (I’m totally fine) and thankfully I had ‘What We Talk About When We Talk About Love’ and just read all night and realized nothing makes me feel like how books make me feel. I was completely surrounded by chaos and overwhelmed with so many feelings, but once I started to read I was able to feel at peace and give myself time to just breathe.