The prophet Muhammad said: "The one who guides to something good has a reward similar to the one doing it."(Muslim)
The prophet Muhammad said: Convey knowledgeable from me even if it is just one ayah. [Bukhari 3461]
Broken bones. Death. Depression. Panic attacks. Transplant. Mentally abusive relationships. Suicide. Anxiety. Insomnia. Starvation. Binge eating. Skin cancer. Solidarity. They didn’t happen to me- they happened FOR me. You thought you would ruin me. You thought you had control of me. You thought you took everything away. You didn’t think I could do it on my own. You forgot who I was. Let me remind you. 🦁 •
Be a mind watcher and know what’s trying to enter your mind. When you are aware of your thoughts you will hear the attack coming. You will be victorious because you won’t fall for the ruse, you will stop it, and use gratitude defenses to get it off of you.
You will know to go in silence, retreat, and reset. You will know when the thoughts that are coming to you are working out of your ego, so there’s no reason to entertain them.
You will do the inner work, you will know how important it is to do the inner work. You will know your shadow.
You will get critical of yourself and others if you allow it to take over. You will become insecure and fearful, and you will try to hide it, but you’ll be breaking inside. You will be unkind to yourself inside. You will compare yourself to others. You will be out of alignment with who you truly are. You will forget that abundance is yours.
You will miss out on the beautifulest unique features about yourself. You will forget to love yourself. •
Just keep breathing.
Endless love ❤️ to you all. •
Here’s my latest upload on YouTube
Check out my latest blog post at
Subscribe to my channel
Spending with the family is my favorite thing to do but feel like I never get enough time with them😞 Its a blessing to get us together. No drama, adult conversations, everyone is enjoying themselves and we are able to get all the kids together too. #familytime#blessings#dramafree#lovemyfamily#goodtimes
Cause I’ve lived this for the past 5 years since signing up to become a single mother.
1) Living at home with your parents does not need to be a source of shame. In the US we live in a highly (& weirdly) individualistic society where living separate from your family is taken as a sign of success. But, newsflash, the majority of the world doesn’t live like this. In fact in some parts of the world it’s considered strange: “why would you live on your own when you could live with family?”
2) To build off #1 , humans are wired for connection & living in community. The way some societies orient around the success markers of the individual can sometimes work directly against what is actually healthy for us. So cherish the fact that you get to live in community - ideally a functional community where you can get some of your basic needs met for connection, healthy touch, and facing the world with others.
3) If your dynamic with your parents doesn’t feel highly functional, YOU HAVE A HUGE GROWTH OPPORTUNITY. Harness your inner badass and dig in to learn about yourself. You have the opportunity to interact daily with the people you originally formed around (for better of worse), learn about who you are and why you are that way. Get the insight you need to grow up the parts of you that are stuck. Stop looking to your parents to have the answer and become your own answer.
4) If you are with your parents because of your current financial limitations, commit to growing your financial well-being & intelligence while you are in the privileged place of not paying rent or a mortgage. If you are in an opportunity where you are living with your parent(s) rent free, let me tell you: YOU ARE INCREDIBLY PRIVILEGED. So leverage that blessing and build yourself a nest egg. Commit to saving every month what you might have otherwise put into the black hole of paying rent.
5) If you are raising a child in this environment, know that even if your parents have differences around parenting styles, your child is being raised in an environment that is going to offer them so much more love. 3 or more available adults is so much better for a child than 1 stressed out one.
Theme: Equanimity- mental calmness, composure, and evenness of temper, especially in a difficult situation.
First of all y'all I had to do this pose with the blocks, I ain't gone even lie. I tried it without the blocks and my feet stayed off the ground for half a second 😂💯. Ok...equanimity...I think this is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. When I committed myself to a Spiritual Path I was faced with a lot of temptation to act out of character and lose my cool. Even still to this day. It's a daily task that I committ myself to.
Yoga has taught me this because when we practice consistently we will be faced with temptation to lose our cool. I remember early on in my practice I would get so upset at me not being able to balance or go deeper in a pose.
I've learned over the years to just step away and accept the practice I put in that day and where my body is. Or I just take a deep breath and try again until I know it's time to move on to something else.
This mentality has helped me stay calm, walk away, or let go of situations that are not under my control. Does it always happen? Not at all 🤣💯, but I am waaay better at it than I was 5 years ago 💯 #yoga#yogaislife#yogaischallenge#love#peace#happiness#joy#weareone#wisdom#knowledge#knowthyself#blessings#alumni#meditation#manifest#cocreator#spirit#collegeyoga#motivate#inspire#chambana#uiuc#college#stress#overwhelmed#tired#yogaforstressrelief
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.
Drop a 🖤 if you needed this & continue reading...
Sometimes life can feel like a never ending battle with your own mind, a battle with yourself. The truth is that this battle cannot be won. There is no winner. The battle is an illusion. You just have to surrender and understand that through self-awareness, self-acceptance and self-love you can get better. Strengthen your core values, beliefs, and ability to choose positive thoughts. Other times just flow and do your best not to react or act on negative ones. Work on your self-awareness, stay in the present moment & do your best not to judge yourself. Self-care is the journey.
~ @lukasnotes 📔
Happy Sunday! #mindsetofgreatness