With this ring, I give you my heart. I promise from this day forward, you will never walk alone; my heart will be your shelter, and my arms will be your home ❤💍
Vandaag kon ik terug naar de les want vorige week was iedereen hier ziek! Wat ben ik blij dat we weer wat bij konden leren. Een schoudercorsage, wie had dat gedacht! Ik ben er zot van! Hoe zalig is dit eigenlijk..! We moeten meer bloemen als accessoire gebruiken 😍👌✨ #fresia#brem#florist#trosroos#hedera#corsage
Bracelet corsage with ranunculus, butterfly ranunculus buds, narcissus centers, poppy parts, lily stamens, sweet pea, and eucalyptus. Long stems supplemented with fine gauge wire. A few corsage thoughts; as I often get questions after I post these:
1. Make a day earlier than you’d normally, and place in a “hydration chamber” overnight. I have a few videos on this on my IGTV channel. 2. Add fine gauge wire to any floaters, and then nestle those stems into the crannies between the heavier, sturdy flowers you’ve placed directly onto your base. That’ll keep them locked in place! Yes, they could break with movement, but that’s ok- there’s plenty of other cute bits to look at.
3. I use Oasis floral adhesive!!
4. I buy these cuffs at @jansjewelsokc!! Not a paid partnership! 😂
5. Floral adhesive doesn’t bond well to smooth non-porous metal! I use a variety of base materials, but a strip or two of waterproof tape on the base works great.
6. All of my wearables are meant to last the length of an event! Minding the thoughts outlined above will set you up well. 🧡💛🧡
106 2,15513 hours ago
And here it is, the cover of my upcoming book! This book is the first of ( what I hope to be ) many little love letters to the art of floristry. Meant to inspire designers, but also meant to give the public a taste of what is possible within this medium. This work has richness- underlying principles and theory that can be employed - just like in painting or sculpture. I’m thrilled that I was able to include a section on theory, as well as 40 step-by-step projects. The book arrives in stores March 3, but is available for pre-order now! Link to online book sellers in my profile! Thanks always to @amanda_dumouchelle who photographed this baby, and to the publisher @chroniclebooks.
Also, very proud that @laporcshia is on the cover- she is the most talented model I’ve worked with. Currently, she can be seen modeling for @patmcgrathreal and in the pages of @voguearabia!!! 👏👏👏
Craving clean, unfussy, mono-botanical wearables lately. So simple- just a stem or two worth of hyacinth pips, these bought at @wholefoods, nested together on a pair of slim hoops. Easy breezy.💫💫