One of our favorite go-to lunches is a simple hummus wrap with cucumbers and carrots.
We always use baby spinach in place of most lettuce.
Not only does baby spinach have a wonderful flavor, but it can be used in so many different recipes, andis so good for us!
Popeye got his strength from eating spinach, but why did it make him extra strong? A single serving of spinach contains 181% of your daily Vitamin K plus healthy doses of a number of other important vitamins. So, let’s take a cue from Popeye and eat more spinach so we can stay motivated and mentally strong all week long!
Thanks to our friends at B & W Quality Growers for their spinach donations for our Southwest Florida programs.
Almorzar/Comer en la oficina muchos pensarán y dirán que es aburrido.
Y cuando lo pensamos, depronto obviamos que parte de verlo diferente está en nosotros. Qué puedes hacer para que sea un momento casi o igual de agradable a estar en casa o en el lugar que te gusta almorzar?
• Un bowl o plato de tu casa.
• Buenos cubiertos (que corten, de un material duro), o un parcito de tu casa.
• Lleva tus alimentos separados, que puedas dejar fríos o frescos los que son de consumo directo; y calentar los que requieras calentar. (Si, en microondas 😒, no de todos los gustos, con los riesgos que tenga; pero es mejor ese minuto larguito de calentar que improvisar con comida, domicilio o maquinita de mecato y sin mucha #comidareal .
• Organiza la mesa o escritorio donde puedas almorzar, o un lugar abierto, y disfruta! .
Disfrutar de algo que preparaste tú o alguien en tu casa. Son alimentos con mucha vitamina A (vitamina AMOR ♥️).
Mi bowl de hoy:
• Base de espinaca y noodles de zuchinni.
• Cubos de remolacha cocinada.
• Mix de espárragos, champiñones y cebolla salteados en aceite de coco.
• Contramuslo de pollo @labanquiva .
Last updated and what available!
Chef Landa product, all sell in set of 3, shipping included
Yellow habanero $39.00
Orange chili $35.00
Red pepper $39.00
Green natural $35.00
Red silk order $35.00
Sauce for chicken $39.00
Chili vinegar $35.00
Ginger lime $35.00
Cilantro garlic $35.00
12 oz. Hot sauce, shipping included
Lime ginger $20.00
Cilantro garlic $20.00
Other family product
12 oz. One bottle is $15.00
Marinade sauce $15.00
BBQ sauce original $15.00
BBQ sauce Tamarind flavor $15.00
Chicken sauce, Khao Mun Gai sauce $20.00
Lunch was burger with sweet potato wedges, green beans and asparagus.
1 512 minutes ago
Hello mes instachoux ❤️
Votre journée s'est bien passé ?
Moi c'était au ralenti suis bloqué du dos 😫 demain rdv avec mon osteo j'espère qu'il va me débloquer 🤞
Sinon aujourd'hui j'ai cuisiner avec mon momo 😊
🌺Des comptes de prunes (que j'avais au congélateur) pour le goûter et le dessert
🌺Escalope de poulet, champignons, courgettes et riz pr ce midi
🌺Des muffins vanille chocolat pr le goûter
🌺Pour ce soir des samosas de bœuf, courgettes, champignons
Contente de ma journée, pas de pesage, pas de comptage, pas de craquage ni de grignotage 👌
If not weight loss, then what?
When people followed healthy habits for enjoyment and wellbeing rather than weight loss, they were more likely to stick to the lifestyle changes, staving off weight gain later.
If you switch the debate and say, 'stay the same weight if necessary, but there are things you can do to improve your health' — then the pressure and distress is relieved.
With regular exercise, a healthy diet full of fruits and vegetables, and adequate hydration with water (and not sugary beverages that claim to be equivalent to water), the fiber in dates can promote early satiety which can help limit the amount of calories consumed in one day. Additionally, Energy Dates are the perfect low calorie pre-workout snack since the fiber helps the energy from carbohydrates trickle in slowly for long-lasting energy and endurance.
People do lose some weight but you also prevent further weight gain across the population.
Part of the reason we associate weight loss with better health is because restricting food brings short-term wins to measurable things like cholesterol and blood sugar.
Once you add that to the positive effects of boosting exercise and eating more wholegrains, fruits and vegetables, there's a lot going on — but we tend to concentrate on the weight loss.
It's not all about weight loss, but gaining health and wellness. Part of achieving health and wellness as part of daily living is by eating a balanced diet, exercising, and drinking plenty of water. Other aspects of health and wellness may include spiritual and emotional support, mental health, sleep hygiene, and managing work/life balance. We are happy that Energy Dates can promote health and may help reduce chronic disease risk.
Monday morning coffee made better with a side of dark chocolate lavender truffles 👌🏽
1 013 minutes ago
FOCUS ON FEEL AND FOOD
🥬 🏃🏽♀️ 🍳 🍠 🏃 🥦
First, I want to say thank you to @runmarycain for sharing about her experience with Nike. She brought up many important issues, but the main one that caught my eye as a dietitian that works with runners is the terrible pressure that many runners feel to keep a very low, often too low, body weight.
Sure, being lean can be an advantage for runners, but not when being lean means you under-eat and miss out on essential nutrients that make you a stronger runner.
🏃🏽♀️ 🏃🏼 You see, skipping meals will make you feel more tired and weak, which results in you having less energy to run. Having less energy to run means fewer gainzzz and then slower times. Under fueling can also stop you from growing properly and result in nutrient deficiencies (which can cause TONS of problems!).
🥬 🏃🏽♀️ 🍳 🍠 🏃 🥦
How do you know if you’re fueling well?
☝️ listen to your body!
......if you are getting tired mid workout, or have no energy to run in the first place then you may not be eating properly.
✌️ you are what you eat!
.....if you are eating healthy foods like vegetables, whole grains, healthy fats, fish, fruit, beans, and nuts then you are on the right track (pun intended 😉). The goal is to get a variety of nutrients from whole food sources.
Fueling can feel like a challenge, but that is what Registered Dietitians like myself are here for! Working with an RD can help you to learn what fueling strategies work best for your body. This will help you to prevent long term issues, and help you to feel better, so you can run stronger!
Do you have nutrition questions that you would like answered in a future post? Drop them in the comments!
AD. @thehappyeggco have just launched their own range of liquid egg whites andddd that makes me very happy 😀
I’ve used them for #mealprep this week to make an oven baked sweet potato frittata! Using egg whites is super convenient as there is no egg to crack and it avoids yolk wastage! Plus this is a super healthy and easy meal prep option!
The grain free pancakes we had for breakfast were gross, but lunch was delicious and dinner was a big hit ✔️ wholegrain rice and wild rice with kale, roasted sprouts and pan fried salmon. Even the 4 year old cleared her plate 😁 #kidapproved 👍🏽😋
Sper că ați reușit să vă adaptați cu noile obiceiuri sănătose ☺️
Iată a venit și săptămână trei cu un task nou - de astăzi vă propun să aveți o cină sănătoasă!
Ce înseamnă aceasta:
1. Cina trebuie luată cu 4 ore înainte de somn.
2. Ea trebuie să fie compusă dintr-o porție bună de salată verde (2/3 din volum verdețuri + 1/3 legume proaspete sau coapte), aproximativ 3/4 din farfurie și o porție de carne de pui coaptă, sau omletă, sau pește copt, 1/4 din farfurie.
Deci, săptămâna aceasta veți consuma suficientă apă, veți avea o cină sănătoasă, excludeți zahărul și aveți gustări sănătoase!
🛒TRAVEL FOOD SHOPPING LIST. ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Everyone can eat healthy while travel or during busy times when you unable to have a proper meal.
This is my example of shopping list while traveling for work. It also applies to every day life, in between meal snacks and on the go lifestyle.
SPECIAL OFFER ALERT ‼️ Now is your chance to get locked into results and delicious food. Take 15% off your first month and get started TODAY!
We have one lean order left, the full plan includes 5 breakfast, 5 lunch, and 5 dinner. DM us to claim this special offer today!
1 123 minutes ago
Gluten free sourdough toast with guacamole, hummus, and cayenne 👌🏼
1 1324 minutes ago
What if I say💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃 bcos videos don't lie😍😍😋😋😋
For all my apple lovers out there, I've got a must-make fall recipe for you… APPLE CRUMBLE BARS! 🍎💯
These bars are no joke and seriously SO dang good! The combination of fresh apples, cinnamony goodness and an oatmeal crumble is a match made in heaven. Plus, they are vegan + gluten-free! 🙌 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
They are amazing on their own, but next level when paired with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and my date caramel sauce. Trust me!! 💃🏻🍦 I’m not even going to tell you how quickly these disappeared from our house when we had them around. 😂🙈 ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
Grab the recipe link via my bio —> @eatingbirdfood
60 1,0373 hours ago
Spicy miso ramen 🍜🌶
Recipe (yields 2 servings)
~ 2 servings ramen, cook based on package instructions
~ 3 cups of miso/kombu stock (see ramen's recipe)
~ 1 cup unsweetened plantbased milk (used @oatly )
~ blanched bok choy
🌱Spicy miso paste (blend all ingredients until fine, adapted from @food52 ):
~ 3 tablespoons red miso
~ 3 tablespoons white miso
~ 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
~ 1 1/2 tablespoons hot bean paste
~ 1 tablespoon mirin
~ 1 tablespoon ground sesame seeds
~ 1 red jalapeno/red chili
~ 6 cloves garlic
~ 3 scallions (white only, save green part for soup)
✅In a heated non-stick pan with 2 tablespoons oil, cook the blended mixture for 3 minutes, stirring continuously. Let cool completely & save in a jar.
~ 1 pack 16oz firm tofu, drained & mashed
~ 1 teaspoons of each, minced: garlic, ginger
✅To make tofu crumbles, mash tofu into tiny crumbles in a non-stick pan & cook for 2mins. Add in 2 teaspoons oil, garlic & ginger, cook until all ingredients turn lightly brown & dry.
Season with 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 teaspoons maple syrup & 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil. Adjust taste accordingly.
✅In a microwaveable safe bowl, add in 2 cloves finely minced garlic & enough oil to cover. Microwave for 2 minutes, stirring halfway. Remove & stir in 1 tablespoon Japanese seven spice (Shichimi Togarashi). Set aside until ready to use.
✅To make the soup, place stock & 'milk' in a pot, bring it to simmer. Add 1/4 cup of spicy miso paste into a fine-mesh sieve, then lower the sieve half-way into the simmering soup. Using a spoon, slowly stir paste to dissolve into the soup. Taste test, add more paste if needed.
Serve cooked ramen with soup, top with tofu crumbles, blanched bok choy, drizzle of togarashi oil & chopped scallios - slurp away.
57 4,17417 November, 2019
a little sweet potato toast PARTY to kick off the week! 🍠💃
brought back the glorious halloumi cheese today for this savory number 😎 if you are curious, halloumi is a deliciously salty cheese that can be made from cow, sheep or goat cheese! you can eat it raw, but it’s the tastiest once you’ve grilled or fried it up! 💕
these eggs were boiled for 7 minutes and 30 seconds, and I have a whole tutorial on my highlighted stories!
It’s gone from freezing and a winter wonderland to a gloomy rainy day today... weather, please decide which season you are going to stick with 😅
I hope you all have a marvellous Monday!
. #sweetpotatotoasts : wash and slice sweet potato lengthwise and bake at 400F for 30 min, flipping halfway. topped with mashed avocado + @traderjoes EBTB seasoning + two medium boiled eggs, avocado slices sprinkled with @manitobaharvest hemp hearts, and pan seared halloumi!
• 1 small onion, very finely chopped
• 3 tbsp. vegan butter
• 2 tbsp. flour
• 150ml vegetable broth
• 250ml unsweetend plantbased milk (I like to use oat milk)
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 2 tbsp. Nutritional yeast
• Salt and pepper
• 1 tsp. sugar
• 1 tsp. lemon juice
• • •
1. Melt 2 tbsp. vegan butter in a saupan over medium heat. Add very finely chopped onion and cook for about 2 minutes or until onion becomes translucent.
2. Add another tablespoon of butter. Once the butter is melted, whisk in 2 tbsp flour.
3. Add vegetable broth and oat milk and whisk everything together until smooth.
4. Then, turn up the heat to high, add oregano, nutritional yeast, a pinch of pepper, sugar and lemon juice and continue whisking until the sauce starts to boil.
5. Once the sauce is boiling, turn off the heat, whisk for a few more seconds and add more salt if needed.
44 4,41316 November, 2019
10 minute meal: Spicy Zoodles & Shrimp 🍤🤩😋
This is a super easy meal and takes 10 mins start to finish.
Credit to: @fitonomykitchen 💕Remember to like and save for later💕 Follow( @yourhealthylifee ) for more health and fitness tips
Here’s how to make everything:
1. For the shrimp, I pat them down with a paper towel then tossed them with some olive oil, pink Himalayan salt, ground pepper, smoked paprika, smoked chili, and garlic powder. You can get creative and use whatever you want. Don’t be afraid to experiment.
2. Cook the shrimp for 60-75 seconds on each side. Don’t over do it as it will become rubbery.
3. For the “noodles” I spiralized 1 zucchini and tossed in some spicy cashew cheese sauce. Warmed it up for a couple of minutes on medium heat. You can use any type of pasta or cheese sauce you’d like.
4. Topped with some more red chili flakes and fresh parsley.
7 81617 November, 2019
Snack boxes ready to go this week💃🏻 I love to make grab & go options like this when I have a busy day and need all the easy options. plus these are fun & like a lunchable but better. two things that make snacking better are @chomps & @limitlessofficial Lighty Caffeinated Sparkling Water🤩 for these boxes, I just did some crackers + cheese + cut up @chomps & grapes. plus some @limitlessofficial on the side🕺🏼
these two faves of mine are currently hosting a giveaway for you to win a variety of LIMITLESS and CHOMPS 🥰 to enter, head on over to their pages! happy monday! #limitlessofficial#LIMITLESSpartner#CHOMPSPartner#giveaway#ad
56 1,0334 hours ago
A healthy outside starts with a healthy inside ✨
Happy Sunday friends! I hope you all are having a great weekend! With my scheduled being crazy and time being limited, sometimes my breakfast isn’t as nutrient dense as I’d like it and because of this it’s so important for me to make sure I’m getting all my proper vitamins along with it!
• @bazevitamins has become a major part of my morning routine! What I love about them is they personalize vitamins based on what your specific body needs! They take a small blood sample and from that can see the nutrient breakdown within your body! Then they send you monthly supplements that come in convenient daily packs! The vitamins I have been taking the last month are magnesium (important in metabolic processes in the body), omega 3 (essential fat that your body can’t make on its own), vitamin D (helps with bone health) and zinc (important in proper functioning immune system)! If you want to try @bazevitamins out for yourself you can use my code ERIN30 to get 30% discount on your own starter kit (which includes your first nutrient test and first month of personalized vitamins!) #sponsored#bewellwithbaze