#CultureThursdays | NEW BLOG POST ALERT ✨ 🔗Link in my bio
In this blog post on “The Basotho Hat: Mokorotlo” I’ve shared the origins and evolution of the Mokorotlo hat and also how it became Lesotho’s 🇱🇸 national symbol and a sign of identity for the Basotho Culture.
Everytime I’m in Maseru I feel so humbled and inspired by Bo Mme (women/our mothers) who have dominated the manufacturing of these hats for years. I wouldn’t be surprised if a woman was behind these designs because Basotho women are inherently gifted in arts and crafts 💛💛
⬅️Swipe left to see how the hats are actually made. I also love how the Basotho people in Lesotho support their local arts and crafts. I’m definitely getting more of these hats. DM if you’d also like to own one.
1 23 minutes ago
Blue oceans 🌊 white sandy beaches 🏝 and not a cloud in the sky ☀️☀️☀️☀️
1 14 minutes ago
🚨The two women went down to the glass patio of the hotel for breakfast. They had decided to come down very early in the morning so as not to meet other hotel guests. They would drink their coffee quickly and go back to their room. They were wearing black glasses and didn't talk much. "A package has come for you," the hotel owner told them! "For us?" They both asked with one voice. But nobody knows that we are here? ”Irene Berni left the package and walked away. She knew that these women were strange. She had noticed the large sack they had dragged into their room with difficulty. She had noticed that they were whispering about everything. "I'm going to make a plum cake, please let me know if you want something" Irene was lost in her kitchen and the two women anxiously opened the package. Oh my God ... someone knew their secret. Someone was watching every movement they had. These quirky postcards with old-fashioned graphic nature had been posted by someone who knew everything. The women grabbed the jug with the coffee and ran to their room. They had to consult! It was dawning on Thursday, November 14th ....🚨
Gustave was working at a bar near Montparnasse when we came in for a drink. It was early evening and not too busy yet so he had a few moments to talk to us. For Gustave Paris is great for “its vitality and its animality”. Cheers Gustave ! .
All credits of this awesome Britain shot go to the very talented photographer 📸 @jameslf1989
Selected by @adamjason1
Don’t forget to use #littlepiecesobritain to join in and for a chance to be featured 🇬🇧 If you like our gallery, you may also like our sister hub @littlepiecesofIreland ☘️
The Pinang Peranakan Mansion, once the house of a 19th century Chinese tycoon, is a museum showcasing Penang's Peranakan heritage. Inside there are numerous artifacts and antiques, including rosewood furniture, dinnerware with gold borders, carved wooden screens, and Scottish ironwork. Also on display, are gold jewellery and traditional beaded shoes.
All credits of this awesome Ireland shot go to the very talented photographer 📸 @paul.r.roche Selected by @nataliewells_
Hub team @nataliewells_
Don’t forget to use our hashtag #littlepiecesofireland to join in and for a chance to be featured ☘
Yesterday’s afternoon reunion with the Safari School girls 🥰 Several inches taller than when we started it all in 2015 - and they just keep on growing! It means so very much to me that every time I return, the love from our homeschooling days remains, and it’s so wonderful to see that they continue to flourish with the awesome @chill24hill 🥰🌿🖤
На семинаре по тайм-менеджменту нас учили, что нужно планировать своё время, составлять списки задач. Поэтому, был придуман план на две недели:
1. В понедельник начинаю отмечать ДР.
2. Вторник – сам ДР, гуляем!
3. В среду отметить ДР с друзьями. Будет кое-что интересное! (Смотрите в историях)
4. Четверг – сходить в тренажёрный зал, сжечь два куска вчерашнего торта, салаты,.. Похоже, крутить педали придётся всю ночь…
5. Пятница – собрать чемоданы. В этот раз задача «Впихнуть невпихуемое» поднялась на level 2.0, т.к. у нас 1 чемодан на двоих.
6. Суббота. Вылет в 5 утра. Постараться на сдохнуть. Кофе.
7. Воскресенье-Понедельник. Новый город. Горы. Море. Релакс. Винишко, винишко и ещё раз винишко.
8. Вторник. Снова «Впихнуть невпихуемое», но уже 3.0 – кроме шмоток на двоих в чемодан нужно утрамбовать винишко.
9. Среда. Добраться до работы. Постараться не сдохнуть. Кофе. Кофе. Кофе. Встреча с друзьями.
10. Четверг. Если всё ещё жива, дойти до тренажёрного зала, сжечь все калории, набранные в поездке. Похоже, крутить педали придётся несколько дней подряд…
11. Пятница. Встреча с друзьями. Пора что-то менять. Например, вино на алкоголь покрепче.
12. Суббота. Наконец-то можно поспать. Рассол… что ещё помогает от похмелья? Больше никогда пить не буду!
13. Воскресенье. Наконец-то разобрать чемоданы. О! Винишко!
14. Понедельник. Попасть на работу. Постараться не сдохнуть. Кофе. Кофе. Кофе. #Москва#Россия#БлуждаяПоУлицамМосквы #Moscow#Russia
1 930 minutes ago
me: “i can’t take a photo here it’s too bright ugh”
step: “okay” *puts arms up*
me: “what are you doing”
step: “trying to block the sun for you”
Day 4: Hectic day travelling from Rome to Naples to Sorrento to Capri.
- Made a quick 2hr stop in Naples to have some birthday gelato 🍦 and world's famous pizza 🍕
- Finally seeing some blue skies while checking out the beautiful views at Capri island 🏞️ #DJin 🇮🇹
Spiti baby series #happychildrensday
1. Old man - Oh!!! you are so cute.
Kid - I know! Tell me something new.
2. Kid - Tell me about life, you have lived long enough to know.
Old man - Sigh...I am still learning about life.
3. Kid - Eh what ???!!! Don’t tell me!
4. Kid - Oh gosh, I am in this alone!
5. Old man - Hahah don’t worry, you will enjoy the experience.
3 1537 minutes ago
I think its officially winter in korea right now.. in the morning the temperature suddenly dropped to -2!
Today all korean high school student having their national college entrance exam or suneung 수능 and the weird thing is every year on suneung the temperature aways dropped hmmm any reason behind it?!
춥긴 춥다! 근데 신기한건 왜 항상 수능 보는날엔 왜 온도가 떨어지고 추워졌을까요?
1 741 hour ago
Venice was 73.6 inches under water in the last 2 days and is currently under a state of emergency. This is the second worst flood it has seen in its entire history due to climate change. How can you help? Be more green. I have been cutting back on my meat consumption in the past years and I rarely buy it for my home. I have also drastically cut down my food delivery orders, buy as little as possible and I already try very hard to minimize my online purchases. What else can you do to help?
5 272 hours ago
Hey pretty bird
2 1103 hours ago
When I’m not busy with school or work , I’m a professional tourist 🦄💜 #cinqueterre . .
Some favorite spots around Arashiyama from earlier this week. If you're going to Japan, it's definitely worth stopping here. I would suggest going mid week or right at opening if you have to be there on the weekend. You probably don't need to stay the night though.
Even a random door in Versailles looks Royal #passionportes 😍👑 Just wanted to say a huge thank you to those who follow @seemyparis account that just hit 100k ❤️ I hate counting « followers », but it makes me so happy to know that people here on Instagram still love sincere, simple, candid and not staged photos of every day life. So happy to be a part of this team! Congratulations to other @seemyparis members 😘 By the way, i just posted there a video I love very much, to have a look☺️ ❤️ #versailles#paris#parisjetaime#theprettycities