Hey there! I'm Amanda, the actual human being behind Wheatley Event Co. Let's be real: when you're hiring a wedding planner, you're hiring someone who's going to be all up in your face (in the best way possible!) on a day where emotions tend to run high. So you should probably get to know that person pretty well, right? Here are a few things you should know about me:⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
1. I spent close to 5 years working alongside one of Chicago's best wedding planning teams, honing my skills and perfecting my "everything-is-falling-apart-and-I'm-dying-inside-but-I'll-never-let-the-clients-know" face.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
2. Then I spent a few years planning fancy fundraising events for a university. FUN FACT: During an event I once put a sticky nametag on George R.R. Martin, and honestly I've watched maybe one episode of Game of Thrones but I'm still pretty proud of that moment. 😂⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
3. I eventually moved from Chicago to Seattle with my now-husband, Ryan. I couldn't resist including him in the photo with me - he did put the "Wheatley" in Wheatley Event Co., after all. He also makes a bomb wedding day assistant. 🙌⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
4. When I'm not stuffing my brain full of every single wedding-related piece of knowledge I can get my hands on, I'm probably watching the entirety of Schitt's Creek or The Office for the 89th time. Like, seriously. It's a problem. ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
5 169 hours ago
Did you know that we include two of these white & silver tables in your #AXISMainSpace rental? Perfect for your guestbook, gifts, check in table, or a sub in for the standard cocktail table. No need for a linen either!
Cheers to the weekend 🥂
I hope every groom looks this happy walking down the aisle on his wedding day! I’m actually pretty positive Gabe never stopped smiling the entire day because he was just so excited to be marrying Monica! ❤️ #groomgoals
I remember my drive to this wedding - and praying like crazy as it went from 🌞 to ⛅️ to 🌧 to nearly ❄️ but then back to 🌞. It even continued into getting ready but since we built in enough buffer after the first look, we got to do 99% of ALL THE PORTRAITS before the ceremony and while Mother Nature was still good to us. Phew! Looking forward to sharing more of these cuties (aka best couple to kick off 2020 with) 💛
You know when your mom used to dress you all up in matching shirts and drag you to Sears for family pictures in front of those backgrops? Nostalgia... Imagine if that's how wedding pictures were... yikes!! Thankfully the wedding industry is blessed with talentend photgraphers and natural beauty that make for perfect backdrops. The latter being the Des Moines Beach Park of course. We are right on the Puget Sound with breathaking views of the water and the Olympic mountains. Come have your wedding pictures (and wedding 😉) with us!
So many rooms (14)! So much space! So many possibilities! What event would you like to have at @clisemansionatmarymoorpark? Please come visit us and take a look for yourself. We are ready to book your event!
Hi! Alex here. I'm popping in to say I'm off to Disney!! Yep, it's race time! On Friday I have a 5k, on Saturday I have a 10k, and on Sunday it's a half marathon!! My mom is doing the 5k with me, my uncle is doing the 10k and half. And guys, my grandma is doing all three races!! My whole family is coming--Brandon, my brother, my parents, both sets of grandparents. I'm pretty lucky!
We see a lot of soft color palettes here (which we love) but are big fans when we see something totally different. This mix of red, black, & velvet throughout the space really set up some moody vibes and we are not mad at it.
Mike & Niki had a lot of friends and family fly in for their wedding, so naturally they chose one of the most intimate wedding venues (@theadmiralshouse), with the best view of Seattle’s skyline 🖤 (Yes, Rainier made her glamorous debut as well)
Taking a break from life to share some exciting updates with you all! I’ve been MIA these past few weeks because:
1. I got married! Greg and I had our dream wedding at The Woodmark in Kirkland, WA on 7/28. This was the #seatingchart I made for it. Definitely a labor of love! I’ll share more when I receive the full gallery from @bluerosepictures. 🙌🏼
2. I also moved, just east of Seattle. For the past 7 months, G and I have been gutting a 1970’s townhome, and we moved in ✌🏼 days before our wedding, when it was BARELY live-able. Things are coming together slowly, but for the most part, we’re still surrounded by boxes. More on this later! Oh, and if you’re wondering about our decor vibe, we’re going with modern and beachy/tropical. Surprise, surprise!
3. On top of everything, yes, I’m still working! I can’t wait to share what I’ve been creating for my summer brides. We just need to wait for the weddings to happen, because what fun would it be for the guests if everything wasn’t a secret? 😉
Thank you for sticking with me, even through my hiatus. Your support means more than you know! ♥️