Crossed a lot of things off my wish list for this Vegas trip.
Did y’all know that Count’s Kustoms also owns a bar? It’s called Vamp’d and they do meet & greets on Tuesday with cast members from the show 👍🏼
New meat option for the taco menu. Cochinita Pibil
Cochinita pibil is a traditional slow roasted pork dish from the Yucatan Peninsula Preparation of traditional cochinita involves marinating the meat in strongly acidic citrus juice, seasoning it with annatto seed which imparts a vivid burnt orange color, and roasting the meat while it is wrapped in banana leaf.
Thinking about publishing a FAQ😒 what ya'll think?
1. "Wheres the meetup location?" Read the Airbnb listing, the email Airbnb sent you after booking or the message I sent you before you even asked this question.
2. "What's the Address for the meetup location?" Read the Airbnb listing or Google it.
3. "What's the weather like when we come?" Pff I don't know, ask Google they have decades worth of historical climate data.
4. "How far is it from this hotel to the meetup spot?" I don't know, Google map it.
5. "Where do we end at?" Read the listing.
6. "What time are you picking us up?" At no time because I don't do that. Where are you even getting that idea from?
7. "Where's the best Spa?" Do I look like I have money to blow on a $180 massage? I've got red wine stains on my once white shoes, faded black jeans that are turning white because I was never taught how to do proper laundry and still believe more soap will vanquish all germs and stains plus my shirt has more wrinkles than the 80 year old naked cowgirl in Times Square. Ya I'm good on the $50 spa. I'll buy a bath bomb and soak in Dr. Teals for $15 w/ a free beer I swiped from the cocktail waitress as I was pretending to gamble.
And this is why I'm the worst tour guide and a horrible person.
Good thing George and Bonnie here from Boston didn't ask any of these questions. It was smooth sailing with these two. George is a funny guy too! All tour he was cracking little one-liner jokes! Can't think of any of them at the moment because they were so random and just would make me laugh! Cool people! Drove 3,000 miles from Boston and will go through Malibu then San Francisco. That's a hell of a trip and I've driven across country from CA to FL a couple times and even FL to the north! Love a good road trip!
No more tours for the day. Will start again with two tommorow. Going to rest and learn how to build a website. No I'm not gonna pay any of you to do it for me, I'm good, I know how to read! Same goes for taxes.
Have a good day!
3 326 hours ago
I was right in the middle of typing an Ezra update: “Ezra’s chin is healing beautifully. All the extra tender, extra cautious time at home did the trick,” when my phone starting ringing with a call from school. I literally wondered for a second if someone was punking me. OMGee!! Ezra popped part of his chin back open at recess. The chin saga continues. Bubble wrap donations and someone to fashion some chin armor totally welcome here. 🙋🏼♀️🤺
The good news is that it miraculously stayed shut with Nana & Papa, and we were able to enjoy our weekend away with friends that we had been planning and looking forward to for so long. (This time last week I was ready to cancel our trip when the stitches didn’t work). Josh and I went to see @ladygaga ‘s Jazz & Piano show. She is a genius...more talented than I can even begin to describe! And it was a bucketlist item for sure to get to see her perform in person (and another opportunity for me to wear my rosegold sequin dress 😆🙌🏼). 🎹👩🏻🎤
I spent the weekend taking a break from social media...Instagram mainly (that is really all I use these days). It was eye-opening to say the least, and most of all, it helped me to really enjoy my time with this handsome guy and my dear friends. I felt more connected to each of them without the constant notifications and distraction from my phone. 📱🚫
Instagram is my actual (volunteer) job for RASopathies Net and so important to me personally for my Noonan syndrome advocacy work and connecting with so many of you...especially those of you who live far away. And I’m convinced more than ever, that I need to implement some better boundaries and parameters with how I use it. So, for now, I’m going to keep the experiment rolling with my notifications turned off. And if you have any suggestions on how you maintain a healthy relationship with your phone with Instagram as you “job,” I’d love to hear them! 🥰😘
A long time ago there was an electronics store called Federated. The marketing campaigns always had this guy that said “this is Fred Rated for Federated!” We used to tease my brother Fred whenever that commercial would come on. So one year he dressed as the guy from the commercials and went trick or treating as Fred Rated. Every time I see these envelopes I think of that and it makes me laugh. #whathappensinvegas#trickortreat 🎃 #FredRatedforFederated#missmybrother